Climate Design Guide
Client: Personal project | Role: Workshops & teaching | Year: 2020
What’s the climate design guide?
Why I wrote it.
Put simply, I want more designers to dedicate their careers to climate and sustainability, and I want that process to be as efficient as possible for anyone who pursues it.
A growing number of designers want to use their professional skills to address the climate crisis, but don’t know where to start. When I began searching for professional opportunities as a designer in climate, it quickly became clear to me that there are few resources to help guide designers who want to work on climate action in a professional capacity. I wrote this guide to fill that gap and help designers focus their efforts on evidence-based, high impact climate solutions.
What’s in it?
Part 1: What is climate design?
- Defining climate design and sustainability
- How to solve climate change
- Why the world needs climate designers
Part 2: What can you do as a designer?
- Find your place in climate and sustainability
- Identify your path to get there: career, time, voice
Part 3: How do you start?
- Building your career in climate design
- Using your time for climate design
- Using your voice for climate design
- Building your climate design network